Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Sail Date: November 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was one of the worst cruise I've been on. I don't think I heard one word from the captain of the ship. We were suppose to go to Jamaica as one of the stop on the cruise and 15 minutes before we were to dock while we could see the island, the cruise director came on and told us that we won't be docking because it was too windy even though no one on the shipp felt that was the case. I would have love to have received that news from the captain rather than the cruise director. And to make matters worse we were only
re-imbursed $20. You would think they would waite an hour or two to see if the wind would subside.

Pros: Nothing

Cons: How the ship was run.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

This shipped seemed like it was the one they used to film the "Love Boat". It seemed very old and the decor was stuck in the 70's.
Stateroom was on the older side. The decor of the ship seemed like it was from the 1970's and was still stuck there. There were rust spots in the bathroom. My room was kept very clean and I guess that was the only bright spot about the rooms.
My 6 year old son had more fun in the fun factory. The entertainment and activities on the Lido deck were in my opinion thrown together at the last minute. The shows that they did have were not at all entertaining either.
The food was mediocre at best. You had to wait on avg. 20-30 minutes in the buffet lines to get food and when you did get it wasn't all that good.
My waiters in the Dinning room were very good and so was the staff that took care of our room.