Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A nice cruise

Sail Date: October 16, 2008

The cruise on Destiny was me and my husbands first cruise. We were really excited. All we heard about was how outstanding the food is on cruises. Well, not in our experience. The food on this ship was not that good in our opinion. I wouldn't eat any of the meat, it was horrible. There were very few things I really enjoyed as far as the dining went. On the other hand, it kept me from gaining weight. Everything else was really good. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was alway very clean. The cruise itself was pleasant. The only other draw back is that we were 2 hours late in taking off, which I believe the captain should have offered everyone a free drink or something to say "sorry for the delay" but they didn't, and getting off the ship was a problem too. All the in between was good, except, like I said, the food. Would I give it another chance? Well that's questionable. Our friends that were traveling with us were extremely dissapointed also, saying they have never experienced anything like that before.

Pros: clean and friendly

Cons: the food

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Horrible
The only entertainment I really saw was the comedians and they were good.
very good