Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

"The BEST BANG for your BUCK! $$$"

Sail Date: January 01, 2007

This cruise was a great way to see the Caribbean. There was so many islands to stop at! It was a great way to see & expierence so many other islands it actually almost helps you in planning future vacations.
This was my second cruise overall. My first cruise was on the Carnival Valor and the boat had only been sailing at that point for a few weeks, so I knew prior to booking my second cruise that the Carnival Destiny was alot older. All and all though the boat was very well maintained & clean considering it is over 10 years old.

Pros: There was never a dull moment & the ease of boarding the ship.

Cons: The lounge chairs. One to many island stops. You need a vacation after the vacation.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

I was kind of disappointed in the shows. Actually one of the shows was the same exact show that I saw on another ship 3 years ago. Carnival does need to change that up. The waiters in the dining room will actually put on a show that is 10 times better than what you can see the Carnival dancers do in the Palladium.
This cruise the staff was amazing! I would page my room stewart and I'm not kidding he would be at my door with in 30 seconds with hot beach towels and we didn't even need to tell him what we needed it was like he read our minds! The cocktail waiters on deck were also very attentive.
If you have been on a newer boat first you can really notice a difference in the boats condition. (The little things)
Per usual on any cruise the food is great, there is alot of it, and chances are you will gain weight! Take advantage of walking the track or using the gym.
The bathroom on this ship actually seemed a bit larger compared to the newer ship I have been on especially in the shower. Which was nice!