Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A great cruise, and beautifyl islands.

Sail Date: March 26, 2006

It was a very large and beautiful ship. Very imtimidating at first, but once you knew where you were going it was good.

Pros: The warm blue waters, and the nice soft sand.

Cons: Not enough time on the islands.

Some staff members were ok, but mostly on the last night (they want a big tip). I found some of the employees to be on the ruid side, for example: at one point I was coming up on "wet floor" sign, it was me or the employee that made it through the entrance was first, they won, just like I wasnt even there, cut right in front of me!
Good, the shows were good.
We up graded to a balcony, best thing we did, at night or in the morning you could sit out there and enjoy the wonderful views.
The ship is big! The decor was nice, in the main dinding rooms it was very elegant!
Well, the problem we had was at the buffet lines the plates were just stacked on top on each other, there were no hand washing stations at any food outlets. There were no trays at the buffet, so you had to do a great balancing act if you had a plate, soup bowl, and salad bowl. The buffet opens at 7:30, it should be earlier, there were alot of people waiting around at 7am.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Aruba, is beautiful, we did alot on this island, we went shopping, the shops are right off the ship, then we took a 3 hour catamaran, snorkling trip, that was fun. Then we took a 2-1/2 hr. tour of the isaland, he took us all over the place, nice informative gentleman, safe driver.
Don't Miss: Tour the Island
Bridgetown, Barbados
We went on a 4x4 to go see the green monkeys, we had a ball, the ride was rought but fun, you go in the back of a pick up truck with seats, and go 4 wheeling through the island.
Don't Miss: green monkey adventure
We went to Champaign Bay, I didnt go snorkeling, but the people I went with did and said it was the best out of all the snorkeling we did. To get to Champaign Bay, you need to hike down a very rocky path, wasent easy to get to. We did hear they were going to put a board walk in, if they do it is the best place to go. They said you could see and hear the bubbles coming out of the gases from the volcano.
Don't Miss: Champaign Bay
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We took a ferry over to St. Johns, snorkeling was ok, both beautiful islands, didnt have enough time to do anything else.