Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

first time cruise for my friend ...

Sail Date: February 20, 2016

... and it might be her last!  I sang praises of cruising and FINALLY convinced her to go with me.  My suitcase was delivered w/ a broken handle and replacement is so complicated and time consuming (by design, I believe), I will be forced to pay for a new one.  :o(  We went the Steakhouse for dinner and had one dinner; we were charged for two and had to be refunded.  We both signed up for the week of internet and most of the time it was so slow it was almost useless.  She upgraded to the highest quality level and often could not even get any internet access at all!  She went to wash her clothes in the self serve laundry and the machines were broken.  So she decided to send it to the ship's laundry and the cabin steward did not take it as promised.  SHE NEEDED CLEAN CLOTHES so she called a supervisor and they said they would "take care of it".  She was billed $57 at the end of the cruise to wash one partial bag of clothes.  We ordered room service and it took THREE tries to get what we ordered (one thing was still wrong but we gave up trying).  One electrical outlet (for USA plug electrics) IS NOT ENOUGH in today's world for two people.  Laptops, cell phones, dive computers, ipads, ipods, razors, etc. is a horrible inconvenience.  Which do we not charge???  There used to be a little chocolate on the pillow of each bed every night; where did they go?  There used to be a very popular passenger talent show; where did that go?  Food was pretty good; Guy's Burgers was every day fare for lunch; those are great.  I was charged for photo purchases and I didn't even have any photos taken ever!  It took me three visits before I got those charges reversed!  The ports were great and we enjoyed the excursions.  I have been on dozens of cruises over the last 40 years and this was the worst one to date.  I don't think I will every convince my best friend to give it another chance ...  Very disappointed!  Expected much more from Carnival Cruises.  :o(

Need more than one US electrical outlet!!! Need more soundproof doors; people coming back from late drunken partying wakes up all sleepers!