Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Conquest vacation

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

For a quick summary review I will say that overall my experience was good.

Pros:

The staff was super friendly regardless of housekeeping or the bartenders, to the entertainment staff.

Cleanliness was 5 star rating for me.  Our room was always kept up very clean and no complaints there.

The entertainment was great, many fun things to see, and do during the sea days.

Ports of call were great and the excursions was easy to locate, and book.

CONS:

The food is somewhat bland.  I have traveled with carnival in the past and I will have to say that the food has declined somewhat.  With this being said, the burger joint was A+.

At first when leaving port, it felt like the ship was always running late, completing the drills, and being on time.  However we were on time at each port.

I feel that carnival should have a children policy, no young child under 16 should be allowed to "Roam" the boat all hours of the night.....but where are the parents.....this was annoying.

The casino employees (suit and tie) not the dealers, were somewhat rude.  When my girlfriend hit a jackpot on a slot machine she was treated very rude by them.  She was questioned multiple times about what the machine did when the jackpot hit, how much she bet, was it in the bonus round when it hit...etc.  Keep in mind she had NEVER gambled before or even played a slot machine.  So she was very intimidated and upset at the way she was treated.  She said it made her feel like a  criminal.

Alcoholic drinks were just too high.  $10.00 for a mixed drink with a 15% gratuity on top of it made it just ridiculous.  I already paid $71 for all gratuities then paying an additional on each drink.  I felt like that was a little much.  That was my personal biggest complaint.

Overall the trip was great, every trip has pros and cons, but I'm being as honest as I can to help carnival keep returning customers.

Great room, bigger than I expected, and the housekeeping staff was amazing people!! They really do go the distance to make your stay special. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
Children's Programs Did not participate