Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My new love, CRUISING!!!

Sail Date: December 12, 2015

This was my first cruise, so besides reading and reviews, and what others said I had nothing to base my experience on. I had to work hard and save for a couple years to be able to afford the trip, so building up to the date I was nervous that it might not have been worth it, however from day 1 I lost all doubt! It was wonderful. There seemed to be something for everyone, I had options I loved and so did my 75 y/o grandma! There was a variety of shows, music, comedy, casino, places to eat, places to sit quietly. My biggest issue was trying to figure out WHAT to do there was always 2-3 things at the same time from early morning to late at night. There are things you could nitpick apart but I choose not to as none of that really put a damper on my enjoyment. The only TRUE complaint I had was too many people saving seats! Carnival has a policy about it but it was NEVER enforced, several days I would try and find a lounge chair to sit in the sun on the desk and 1 or 2 people would have up to 10 chairs saved so I'd have to go up in a corner which I was still okay with but would have rather been in the middle the 'prime' area. I would watch and no one in the 3-4 hours I'd stay there would ever come to those 'reserved' chairs. Similar thing happened when I went to a cooking demo, it was a smaller area and it was packed, yet 1 person had saved an entire table of 6 and the other 5 people didn't show up until 25 mins into the demo that only lasted 40 mins. Again at the shows the 'prime' areas would be saved by 1 person seats for up to 6-10 people and no one would sit in them until after the show started if at all. That was disappointing, however in the end I truly feel the only person that wouldn't have fun on this ship would be the person that LOVES to be negative and nitpick, honestly... it is what YOU make it. Smile and relax and it will be the best time!

We picked an inside room mostly because of price-point, however I was VERY surprised how much room it still felt like we had. There was plenty of storage to put our things away, both drawers and closets and even in the bathroom while it was not big by any means it was sufficient to do what you needed. Also a random fact, having no window let's you sleep amazingly well as there is no light to distract you, however set an alarm or you might sleep too much!
Highly organized and efficient! Still have huge long lines, however if you allow time and just relax, even those times can pass quickly with little stress.
Some of the areas are a little run down, older decor etc, but everything seemed maintained and there was never huge messes or unkept areas that I saw.
Beautiful! Every last place was gorgeous, some more then others, but the culture and people and information you could find was great. More stores then you could ever go through. Excursions were varied seemed to be something for everyone, from the thrill seeker to the bookworm. They are expensive, but by and large seem worth it, although if you want to just wander around see stores and a little of the ports by yourself it's just as great. I was able to do both!
If you want to be active there is never a lull you can find music, or dancing, or games just about 24 hours a day. If you want to just relax there are plenty of areas to sit in the sun, the pool, the library, on a comfy couch inside with A/C while you look at the water passing by.
Children's Programs N/A didn't use.
The performers want you involved and happy! Well not all the shows are for everyone there is plenty to pick from and I had a had time deciding where to go!
Didn't meet one staff person that didn't have a smile a friendly word or an answer to "where am I and how to I get to xx".
I don't know how anyone could be unhappy! There is so much variety, sure it's not all, things you've never seen or 5* gourmet, but it is for the most part delicious, fresh and always something to fill your tummy. There are several options to pick from, burgers, tacos, pizza, fish, plus the buffet and dining rooms.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Basseterre, St. Kitts
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk Island
The beach is amazing and totally relaxing! Not a whole lot to do here but great place to unwind and keep it simple.