Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Mixed Review

Sail Date: November 14, 2015

Just ok. We've been on many cruises and didn't mind the older ship. After so many cruises and no seasickness, I was over confident and didn't bring scopolamine patches this time. Big mistake--it got really rough one night and I got sick. Lesson learned--I'll never again cruise without the patch.

Very spacious for an interior cabin and our steward, Karen, was outstanding. She was charming, quick, and our room was always spotless. You should promote her!
First and last time I will ever cruise from Port Everglades even though I live only 10 minutes away. It's ugly and very hard to figure out how to find your ship. From now on we will go only to Miami which is beautiful and easy to navigate. The only good thing was the staff--they were very helpful and kept the line moving along quickly. It was easy to find bags at the end and get out of there.
I don't mind the older decor, but every surface I touched felt greasy and grimy. Handrails and table tops, especially. Ugh. Our cabin was spotless and immaculate, however. The bathrooms on board were also clean.
We always choose our cruise based on the destinations. Loved them all EXCEPT Grand Turk. What happened? Last time we were there it was nice. This time we couldn't get away from the LOUD Hip Hop all day at every place we went along the beach. The music should reflect the patrons, right? Since we're in our 50s and most of the people on this cruise were even older, Hip Hop music was a regrettable choice. Another problem was Margaritaville allows SMOKING. Are you kidding me? How about no smoking where there is food and nonsmokers, please! I was so shocked I will also write to Margaritaville about this. We got up and walked out after being seated next to smokers. They offered to move us, but for all we knew the new people nearby could have lit up at any time. It was a bad day and very disappointing because it happened on my husband's 50th birthday. Grand Turk was the low point of our cruise, but it shouldn't have been because it's right off the ship and a beautiful beach with amazing turquoise water.
Enjoyed the entertainment on deck, the high tea the last day, ice carving, poolside contests. Fun!
I'm happy to say there were rarely seen or heard. I've been on some cruises were you couldn't get into the hot tubs because it was full of kids all the time. Thank you keeping them elsewhere.
By FAR the best of any of the 10 cruises I've been on. The singers and dancers in particular were amazing. The comedy was also good, although I would lose the PG rated shows and just advertise the comedy is for grownups. We're paying for it, after all! I would have preferred to see the adult shows, but they were too late for me.
Karen our cabin steward was outstanding as was Maxim in the main dining room. However, unlike other cruises I've been on, the staff just about mowed us down in the hallways and buffet area. I had to get out of their way, not the other way around. I was shocked, actually.
Loved Guy's Burger Joint, Tacos and pizza. Dining room food was okay (except for the dull steak knives or tough meat?) Disliked the buffet and most of the desserts. The high point was EXCELLENT vegetarian choices for my husband who does not eat any animals, only dairy.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Go on a cruise out of Miami instead. Port Everglades is ugly, industrial, and very tricky to find your ship.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Carnival, please add a free shuttle to Phillipsburg! I just about passed out from heat exhaustion walking to town.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk Island
Margaritaville needs a smoking section or nonsmoking policy. Lose the hip hop music when most of the patrons are in their 60s and 70s!