Mixed Review

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 14, 2015
Ship: Carnival Conquest

Just ok. We've been on many cruises and didn't mind the older ship. After so many cruises and no seasickness, I was over confident and didn't bring scopolamine patches this time. Big mistake--it got really rough one night and I got sick. Lesson learned--I'll never again cruise without the patch.

Loved Guy's Burger Joint, Tacos and pizza. Dining room food was okay (except for the dull steak knives or tough meat?) Disliked the buffet and most of the desserts. The high point was EXCELLENT vegetarian choices for my husband who does not eat any animals, only dairy.

Enjoyed the entertainment on deck, the high tea the last day, ice carving, poolside contests. Fun!

By FAR the best of any of the 10 cruises I've been on. The singers and dancers in particular were amazing. The comedy was also good, although I would lose the PG rated shows and just advertise the comedy is for grownups. We're paying for it, after all! I would have preferred to see the adult shows, but they were too late for me.

I'm happy to say there were rarely seen or heard. I've been on some cruises were you couldn't get into the hot tubs because it was full of kids all the time. Thank you keeping them elsewhere.

Karen our cabin steward was outstanding as was Maxim in the main dining room. However, unlike other cruises I've been on, the staff just about mowed us down in the hallways and buffet area. I had to get out of their way, not the other way around. I was shocked, actually.

I don't mind the older decor, but every surface I touched felt greasy and grimy. Handrails and table tops, especially. Ugh. Our cabin was spotless and immaculate, however. The bathrooms on board were also clean.

Very spacious for an interior cabin and our steward, Karen, was outstanding. She was charming, quick, and our room was always spotless. You should promote her!
Go on a cruise out of Miami instead. Port Everglades is ugly, industrial, and very tricky to find your ship.
Carnival, please add a free shuttle to Phillipsburg! I just about passed out from heat exhaustion walking to town.
Margaritaville needs a smoking section or nonsmoking policy. Lose the hip hop music when most of the patrons are in their 60s and 70s!