Highly Disappointed - the worse carnival ever offered

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 25, 2015
Ship: Carnival Conquest

I have been cruising with Carnival since the 80's & have always had a joyous adventure.  I was particularly looking forward to this trip as it was my husband's first cruise.  The trip started with problems in Ft. Lauderdale with a long delay in boarding & then not leaving on time.  (no explanation was given for the delay).  After finally setting sail, our trip was uneventful until our arrival in Jamaica which again, although minimal,  we experienced delays as we had to wait until our sister ship was fully docked.  On to the Cayman Islands. Due to weather conditions, we anchored in the middle of the ocean on the other side of the island & had to be ferried back & forth. But again, our sister ship was side by side which created congestion with so many people. The handicap  in wheelchairs were unable to get off, in addition to  a host of other people, including myself & spouse.  Therefore, we never saw the  Cayman Island Considering I, nor  my husband had ever been there, we were truly disappointed. Thank God, Cozumel, was a lovely adventure.                          The shows productions were 2nd class                                           DINING/FOOD - The first three nights of sailing, the food was delicious , but as we continued to sail, the taste & quality deteriorated. (ex. on one occasion, the Prime Rib & Grilled Pork Chop was so tender, you  could cut both with a fork. 2 days later, you could not even cut them with a knife) Everyone at the table left their meal.                                                                                                               I have sailed with Royal Caribbean,  Norwegian, & Holland America but always came back to Carnival as all my sailings with you were always memorable.         I still commend your staff, as  service was impeccable on all levels.                   In all my years of traveling with Carnival, this was my worst.

all staff was warm & friendly. but our Diningroom waiter, Aristole &our Cabin Steward Oscar was impeccable. Their mannerism, & overall hospitality was impeccable

Cabin was of normal size & clean. Had enough room to move around or just relax on couch. Cabin Steward, Oscar was exceptional