Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Highly Disappointed - the worse carnival ever offered

Sail Date: October 25, 2015

I have been cruising with Carnival since the 80's & have always had a joyous adventure.  I was particularly looking forward to this trip as it was my husband's first cruise.  The trip started with problems in Ft. Lauderdale with a long delay in boarding & then not leaving on time.  (no explanation was given for the delay).  After finally setting sail, our trip was uneventful until our arrival in Jamaica which again, although minimal,  we experienced delays as we had to wait until our sister ship was fully docked.  On to the Cayman Islands. Due to weather conditions, we anchored in the middle of the ocean on the other side of the island & had to be ferried back & forth. But again, our sister ship was side by side which created congestion with so many people. The handicap  in wheelchairs were unable to get off, in addition to  a host of other people, including myself & spouse.  Therefore, we never saw the  Cayman Island Considering I, nor  my husband had ever been there, we were truly disappointed. Thank God, Cozumel, was a lovely adventure.                          The shows productions were 2nd class                                           DINING/FOOD - The first three nights of sailing, the food was delicious , but as we continued to sail, the taste & quality deteriorated. (ex. on one occasion, the Prime Rib & Grilled Pork Chop was so tender, you  could cut both with a fork. 2 days later, you could not even cut them with a knife) Everyone at the table left their meal.                                                                                                               I have sailed with Royal Caribbean,  Norwegian, & Holland America but always came back to Carnival as all my sailings with you were always memorable.         I still commend your staff, as  service was impeccable on all levels.                   In all my years of traveling with Carnival, this was my worst.

Cabin was of normal size & clean. Had enough room to move around or just relax on couch. Cabin Steward, Oscar was exceptional
The terminal was overcrowded @Embarkation. Ship left 2 hours behind schedule, which decrease our time in Jamaica. No explanation was given to passengers re: delay.
1.Arrival in Jamaica was 2 hours late. 2.Had problems in Cayman Islands. Docked in middle of ocean on other side & be ferried in. Sister ship was also there which caused congestion.
3. Enjoyed Mexico
all staff was warm & friendly. but our Diningroom waiter, Aristole &our Cabin Steward Oscar was impeccable. Their mannerism, & overall hospitality was impeccable