Fun Time

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 25, 2015
Ship: Carnival Conquest

This was my first cruise and I had heard so many good things about cruises and how great they are.  I guess I had set higher expectations for the overall experience.  It was definitely a fun trip, but not quite what I was expecting.  I would have liked to have a few more activities on board, there was a small, very slow, water slide, a putt-putt course (which we couldn't even find) a couple of ping pong tables, which was difficult to play with the wind, and shuffleboard, which was missing a puck and impossible to play on the rubber floor.  The entertainment was plentiful with the different comedy shows, game shows and music.  The cruise director made it a fun and memorable time, he was funny and witty.  Overall the staff was pretty good, there were a few times in the bar or restaurants where we didn't have the best service and had to wait 20 minutes to order a drink.  My biggest complaint was the other guests on the ship, they were rude, impatient and just plain ignorant.  I don't fault Carnival for their ignorance, however.  All in all it was a good trip.

Great shows and musicians!

More spacious than I expected. Our stateroom steward was awesome!
Dunn's River Falls was fun to climb. The city/country itself is not so fun to see, there was a lot of poverty.
Stingray City! Crystal clear turquoise waters. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Beautiful waters. A lot of shopping!