Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We had 2 complete power outages

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

I cannot believe that it is suggested that I censor my review of my Carnival Conquest ship and the off shore excursions that were available. I will not mention any drug sniffing dogs at Cozumel and I will not mention any ethnic diversity at Belize. I will never fly United unless nothing else is available or if I am flying by myself.
Service on the cruise was very good! The food was usually excellent and to our liking and when it was not we did not have to eat it. I love the shows and the comedians were fun. Do not sit in the front rows if you do not like to be pointed out and asked questions or be commented about. The foul language was OK part of the adult only comedian shows for me... my wife not so much.
I only gained an honest 8 pounds on my 7 day cruise. We chose to avoid spas and exercise rooms even though we went on a tour the first day to see the very extensive services provided. The beauty treatments stuff seemed very expensive to us 60 year old folks.
We had 2 complete power outages while on our Cruise ship . The first one was the worst and longest and they claimed later before the 2nd power outage occurred that it had never happened before and it had happened for unknown reasons. No compensation was offered to us ... but none was asked for on our part. I strongly recommend not choosing Carnival Conquest unless you get a really good deal and come prepared with at least a small diode flashlight with extra batteries. Sincerely James R. King Oregon resident and second time cruiser.

Pros: The food

Cons: The power outages

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.

We had 2 cause unknown power outages.
I gained 8 pounds and the wife 7. Wonderful variety and quantity of food was always available.
$11.50 required gratuity seemed fair to me in addition to the cruise ship cost.
I enjoyed the vulgar language and the incredible topics in the adult only comedy shows. Really!
We had no kids \, but I visited with one of the staff members that did kids and she seemed perfect. We also saw some of the staff doing the day care sorta thing up by the Oyster and sea food area Looked like 4 staff for about 15 hyperactive kids.Nothing bad.