Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

6 Night Western Caribbean on the Carnival Conquest - 2-1-07 \ 2-7-15 Cozumel Grand Cayman & Key West

Sail Date: February 01, 2015

Overall, the cruise was excellent.

The itinerary is incredible.

The crew and staff were incredible.

Yes - we would go on this ship again but pick a different stateroom on 7- 9 floors.

I recommend the ship if you can tolerate the two following issues.

We stayed in stateroom 6425 which is starboard towards aft - but not all the way to the rear.

The room is in an excellent location for getting anywhere around the ship BUT it is a noising stateroom. It is located directly across from the kitchen for the dining rooms and etc. The door to that work area is non-stop. We delt with it by wearing ear plugs. On top of that, the area we were in was directly over several nightclubs and there was a constant drone of drums and people yelling.

The room also has smoke drifting in from the fifth floor nightclubs and casino. Speaking of casino and other areas - smoke filled and unbearable.We tried to spend $$ several times in the casino but the smoke was intolerable.

We mainly cruise RCCL because we thought they were a touch better than Carnival - but honestly they are about the same except RCCL dining & buffet are better by 25% and RCCL does not have the intense cigarette smoking that Carnival allows in more areas than necessary. This is our second Carnival and we will cruise with them again.

I rate the cruise lines as follows (and we have sailed with each):

RCCL, Norwegian, Disney, Carnival & Princess (Princess is last only because it is set up for the older generation - my wife is 48 and I am 53 but I mean "older".) There is very little difference in the lines but this is my rating.

Getting old - needs a make over but overall OK
Dinning Room OK but Buffet aweful
Carnival has gone public and the shows are not Carnival employees - not as good as in past

Stay on floors 7, 8, & 9 - stay away from six - it is right over everything!