Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Felt like cattle not guests

Sail Date: August 17, 2014

The ship was beautiful and the itinerary was great. However, the staff was rude at times or just didn't care   About us. Our room was dirty and when we complained the housekeeping  manager came up and was short and unsimpathetic to our issues. My mom was sleeping and she was iterated that she had to come back and inspect the room. Although, I thought the time I provide initially was good, but I could not control that my mom was asleep. I explained to the manager that the was half eaten candy in the night stand, the phone was filthy, there was a layer of dust around the mirror, the drawers we filled with a black substance, and it looked like someone wiped their nose on the wall upon my further inspection.  She seemed completely indifferent to our issues.  They re cleaned the room, the only person who showed concern was the stateroom steward.  By Wednesday the room was clean and smelled fresh.

The lines on the ship were unlike anything I have ever seen on past cruises.  We got to our first port and waited to get off with our shore excursion it took an hour to herd us onto the tender, where my mom had to stand.  She has a bad knee so it was painfull. Dinner lines were very long on our first formal night we waited for over an hour. The hostesses we wonderful and remembered our names the whole week. The waitstaff was good but our last night was bad both for brunch and dinner.  The server spilled wine all over me and never offered an extra napkin.  She pulled a chair next to me and another guest to make sure the spill was covered instead of cleaning it. We ordered decaf coffee and a half hour later we got regular. We were at dinner for almost 3 hours that last night. The service was severely lacking.  My mom is still waiting for her bacon from brunch which was under cooked and sent back for cooked bacon. That may seem petty but this kind of thing happened over and over.

I have take seven cruises and two with carnival in the past few years carnival did nothing to thank us for booking again with them: I didn't feel appreciated as a returning customer.  My advice is pay the extra 100 bucks and sail with NCL or Princess. On the multiple cruises I have taken with them I have never had the aforesaid issues.