Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Never stray from NCL again

Sail Date: March 31, 2013

From before embarking. This cruise was a train wreck. Carnival security required me to destroy a wallet. There were pink plastic bullets encased in on my wallet. I was told that since they have a resemblance to the real ones. Really? They seemed not to have an issue with the people walking around with Guns, Knives or curse words on their T shirts , Only with a wallet that would not been seen by anyone.

Upon receiving our luggage, we found our large bag was destroyed. (wheel broken, chunks of plastic sticking out, zipper broken) My husband said it looked like a fork truck hit it. Our first port was to have been Isa Roatan (yes I said "was") It was a beautiful day with a light breeze. Captain advised us that the wind was too strong to go in and that we will have another see day. Yet the weather did not stop another Carnival ship to go to port. As I watched them as we headed out to sea.

I'll tell you up front, My husband says I'm a food snob (30+years of cooking and schooling) I found the food to be substandard. The buffet provided: runny eggs, Slimy oatmeal. (I've never found a piece of oatmeal over 1" long). The menu never changed.

While eating in the dining room. An 8 year old in another party at our table ordered a PB &J, The sandwich arrived with out and jelly. I found the chicken to be rubbery and lacking taste.

Kid camp- Hour change on a whim. Sea days they have the children on two hour shifts. Have have them from 10am to 12:45, You have the children from12:45 -2pm. So on through out the day. They also have what they call "parent togetherness" time. 6 hour time you have the children. We were told this gives the parents time to spent with their children. I don't know about others but I have my child 365 days a year.

On the days you go to shore, they are open all day. We were told that they set this schedule up so that parents could go ashore and enjoy an excursion without their children. Really? I want my child to experience our shore excursions.

Only high point to the cruise: The girls in the spa and the crew with Park West Gallery.

I promised myself that I would give Carnival another shot (after my last cruise provided sewerage overflowing into my cabin, A/C outages).
TWICE SHAME ON ME!
Horrible
Only one outlet
Daughter didn't want to return.