First cruise

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: October 01, 2012
The ship was nice. I had never been on a cruise before so I really don't have anything to compare it to. Having spoken to others that were more cruise savvy, I have to say that my experience was perhaps a bit disappointing. The things I really would have liked to enjoy \"casino, Lido deck poolside, Henri's\" were unfortunately not non-smoking. As a former smoker, I try to be non judgemental but I really had trouble enjoying any of those activities due to the smoke, not just cigarettes but cigars.

I was expecting a really excellent dining experience. What I got was food that was pre-cooked and heated in a micro-wave. I tried the Renoir room several times and the food was never the correct temp\, tough and not much of a selection. The comfort food buffet on Lido deck was always the same. Powdered eggs\, and runny oatmeal. The only thing truly good was the melons because at least that was fresh. Guys burgers was ok but the servers were a bit hostile and the burgers were not cooked all the way through. Was not at all happy with the food. Very few options\, poorly prepared\, cold and not properly seasoned.

I didn't find the shows to be the world class entertainment I was led to believe was available. I was also very disappointed that the \"costume contest\" was limited to the costumes that were \"Pre-selected. My costume took up space in my luggage for nothing and since it was authentic\, I took a chance on perhaps damaging it for something that was not as I expected.

I didn't interact with much of the staff.

It was a little difficult to get an elevator at times and sometimes got a little lost but it was clean. Rules regarding saving lounges on Lido deck should have been better enforced.

The room was nice but the TV didn't work most of the time.

Pros: The stewards

Cons: the food

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!