Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

This is my review of Carnival Conquest Cabin #7453

Sail Date: January 22, 2012

I read posts about my cabin a lot before we went - so wanted to come back and add to the posts for the next person that wants to know about Carnival Conquest. Aft Balcony is one of the smaller aft balconies - it isn't as wide as the others, so the layout is slightly different. The vanity and TV are on the wall behind the bathroom, not along the opposite wall. The hallway coming in from the door is narrow (Room Service has a little bit of trouble getting full trays in). There is not a sofa. This room has enough space for 2 people, but I'd never call it roomy. The biggest plus about this room is the balcony. The view is SPECTACULAR. The balcony had one chaise lounger, and two regular chairs with a table. It had far more room than the regular Carnival balconies. One thing that didn't bother me to much, but DH did not love was how far you had to walk to get to your room, and to get to anything from your room. Serenity deck and Lido Buffet are quick and easy - next stairwell/elevators up two floors. But everything else is a hike. This didn't bother me until an all-inclusive day in Jamaica when I had to walk down that rediculous hallway all the way from the front of the ship and the walls were spinning and I just wanted to be in BED!!
There is one thing that would make me recommend you get a different Aft Balcony Stateroom and not 7453/spanspan style=font-size: 13px; (take this if it's the last aft balcony - otherwise - go for another one) This room is right across the hall from the Housekeeping closet or room whatever it is. Believe me, they get up at the crack of dawn and they are not quiet. On the last day of the cruise, it started at 4:00 am. Doors closing multiple times, Cups clinking, garbage bags being opened... it goes on. It was noisy, and I would avoid it knowing what I know now.
So, in closing, would I book another aft balcony? Yes, as a matter of fact, I already have one booked on the Carnival Sunshine. Would I book 7453 again? No, I'd go for a regular balcony over the housekeeping noise.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

Thumbs Up: Great Balcony Thumbs Down: Housekeeping Noise
Some things are great, others are just so so.
Looking forward to new 2.0 entertainment!
Room Steward took good care of us!
Loved all our ports... Grand Cayman was pricey though.