Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sun, rain, lightening and so many stars!

Sail Date: September 16, 2012

Overall, I liked the ship. Good sized elevators with buttons on both sides of the door. I liked the signs between the elevator doors that told me where on the ship I was at that moment. Perhaps I just missed it, but I do not remember seeing any wheelchair accessible restrooms. Fortunately my friend, who gets around by scooter, can walk a short ways and was able to use the restrooms. The Monet dining area was excellent as were the staff. I would have preferred to eat in the Renoir dining area since it was forward as was my room.

Pros: Stars and food

Cons: Not being abel to try to sleep until after midnight.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

I liked the size of the ship. Going from my forward room to the aft dining room was quite some exercise. On the Lido deck I always saw someone sweeping up little bits of trash or mopping wet places where people had just exited the pool(s).
I enjoyed the large screen on the Lido deck\, and the free popcorn with the movie. I wish we could have had popcorn more often\, perhaps next to the pizza place. I liked the food served at the buffets on the Lido deck and in the Cezanne dining areas. The chips in the Fish & Chips place were really good as were the seafood fritters\, but the fish was quite greasy. The Mongolian stir fry was my favorite buffet.
The overall comfort of the stateroom was OK. The person on the lower bed\, even though short\, could not sit erect. I\, on the top bunk\, could sit erect with room to spare. I liked the number shelves in the bathroom and the closet space was good. It would have been nice to have had NON-whitening toothpaste\, but fortunately I brought my own. Whitening toothpaste does not work on caps.
I thought the quality of staff helpfulness and knowledge was excellent except for once instance. Many times staff would ask if they could help before I had the chance to ask them. They appeared quite willing and happy to help. When we reached Cozumel the ships people I asked did not know on which pier we were docking. The same place we always dock\, was one answer I got. That answer did not help me with knowing which way to go from the pier area to reach the tour office for which I was headed.
I enjoyed the family entertainment. I tried the adult entertainment but couldnt handle the language. Why is it that adult seems to equal foul language?