Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I expected more...

Sail Date: September 16, 2012

We recently sailed out on the Conquest out of New Orleans. This was my first 7 day cruise and I was excited to get the party started. The conquest is a good ship; however, the entertainment and overall service was sub-par. When on the ship there were planned activities; however, limited entertainment during the day on the deck. At the very least I would have expected a steel drum playing as we entered Jamaica, but no. The other issue was bar service on deck, which we complained about several times. On a 7 day cruise I got one drink from a waiter on deck, I got all my other drinks by walking up to the bar through the smoking section. Overall I was not pleased with the cruise as a whole.

Pros: Excursions

Cons: entertainment and service on the ship

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.

Ship was ok. Only problem was there were 3 hot tubs in the main area and they were filled with kids. It would have been nice to have an adults only section.
Food was good and the dining staff was nice; however\, it would have been nice if the staff was asked to taste the food they were serving for dinner so they knew what things tasted like. The person in charge of the dining room was killing us with his \"HELLLLLOOOOO\" each night for entertainment which we couldn't see because we were seated all the way in the back of the restaurant.
No complaints about the room or the location. Perfect each time we walked in and we were on the spa deck which made for great smells each time we walked out of our rooms.
Our headwaiter and dining staff was good; however\, we had a few waiters through the trip that just had poor attitudes and looked miserable to be on the ship. We actually confronted one and asked him to loose the attitude.
I was not pleased with the show quality at all. seemed like there was something missing in the room\, and when you looked around\, the rooms were half empty. Something to be said about that.