Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great cruise for young families!

Sail Date: August 12, 2012

The ship itself on the inside was beautiful. On the outter decks, mainly under where the large monitor is could use some work! It looked as if it would fall through at any time. The pools, hot tubs, and slides water looked like urine, I never got in any of them. The room was comfortable, but the bathroom smell was awful.

Pros: Main dining room staff(Monet)\, activities for kids so the adults can relax\, and food choices

Cons: The bathroom in the room always had a pungent urine smell from getting on the boat when they cleaned even\,the staff weren't as friendly as expected\, and kids were allowed to run up and down hallways all hours of the night

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

Had a wonderful dining experience on this cruise! I don't know if the staff changes throughout the months they're on the ship\, but we were assigned Monet lower and couldn't be happier with our three waitstaff members! Ricardo from Colombia was our head waiter\, Jimmy\, and I'm so sorry\, but the other was always working so quickly after he introduced himself the first night(unusual name)\, I couldn't read his name\, WERE WONDERFUL! Very personable\, helpful\, and friendly! So much so that I took pictures with them\, of them\, and have very fond memories of this trip because of them.they made it worth tipping extra and skipping out on a few of the hundreds of expensive pictures that were taken on board. If they happen to read this... THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! Ricardo\, I wish you well on your new recipes for your family and I hope youre daughter gets to finish her classes in New York like she wants! Jimmy\, your smile was infectious and don't forget those dance lessons!!! ;-)
Do something about the bathrooms and the room would be fine!
MANNERS! The staff should be trained to smile\, greet the guest\, and (if not carrying a heavy load) step to the side and let the guest pass. Too many times I felt as if I were a bother and wasn't greeted by staff I encountered. They just pushed right on by with no eye contact and I had to step out of their way even when they weren't carrying anything.
Good job
Supervised activities for kids under 17 so the parents could relax! The only thing is there needs to be a type of curfew for kids under 15 to where they aren't allowed to run the hallways where the rooms are at all hours of the night.