Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Great Time

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

Overall this was a great cruise. The ship was wonderful; large and with a great layout. The food was as expected (good but nothing to rave about). The functions on-board were the usual fare. Roatan was amazing for scuba diving, Belize for the Mayan ruins, and Cozumel for just shopping and dining and having a good time. But, on future cruises I may choose not to do any excursions, and just go out and experience the places on my own. I never really like the excursions all that much. They seem to be a lot of standing around and listening to someone talk - and repeat.
Also, one major complaint is the "Bottomless Bubbles" soda program. First of all, it was VERY expensive to purchase. And then it was such a headache actually getting the sodas. You can only get one at a time, and at the bars. So when you're dining, if you want that soda, you had to go out and find a bar and come all the way back. This also forces children to go up to the bar to get their sodas as well. Whenever I wanted a soda, I was hardly ever near a bar. This program could use some updates to make it easier and more worthwhile.

Pros: Relaxation, Super Friendly Crew

Cons: Soda Program

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

Ship is a great size. Very large, and the layout was great compared to other ships.