So much fun!

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 11, 2012
My daughters and I took a cruise during their spring break on the Carnival Conquest. We had so much fun and so many memories to last a lifetime! The staff was simply amazing! I have special diet needs and they went out of their way to make me feel special. The assistant maitre'd came to my table each night and took my order for the next night. I could choose anything off of the regular menu and they would make it gluten free for me. What a treat! If I wanted lunch in the dining room, they would let me pre-order it just like dinner (nice to see what was coming up the next day). They also had special choices (such as gluten free pancakes, waffles or even Eggs Benedict) for breakfast. The only catch was that we would need to go to the main dining room for breakfast and lunch and that did not always fit with our plans. However, there were plenty of things to choose from the buffets. I appreciated how accommodating they were and did not make me feel like a problem. The waiters were very nice and made sure our dining experience was pleasant and fun. What a treat it was to have our room cleaned twice a day! We enjoyed trying to figure out what kind of towel animal the room stewards left on our bed. And, of course, we loved the chocolates. It was a great family trip. Next time I may take my husband and leave the children at home. I think he would enjoy it, too. I would definitely recommend a balcony room. It is so nice to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sunsets or stars. It makes the room feel more spacious and bright during the day.

I especially appreciated how they accommodated my food allergies. We were wait-listed for an early dining but ended up with the late. It worked out well as we were able to enjoy our day and not hurry to dinner. We did miss some shows but that was okay.

Did not take advantage of a lot as we enjoyed staying in the sun.

My youngest is 14. She found some things fun and some things lame - then again, she is a teenager. The staff did not keep up with who came and went. As our cell phones did not work well, it could be hard to find your child. Some smart people had walkie-talkies. Great idea for next time.

Wonderful!

I expected for things to feel small and never had that feeling. I appreciated all of the attention to cleanliness (the hand sanitizer everywhere and the little tissues to open the bathroom doors). We were impressed that they were constantly painting the outside of the ship.

The size was better than I expected. It was a little dusty and the beds could have been a little more cushy.

Pros: The staff went above and beyond on every level.

Cons: It was pretty windy.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!