Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great November cruise!

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

The Carnival Conquest has an Impressionist theme and you will find real artwork all over the ship. The ship has been refurbished, but it is perfectly maintained, and you will not find one carpet corner or one scratch anywhere. The gym has the latest equipment and is well-maintained. However, the highlights of this ship are the food and the staff. The food is amazingly good - it is not possible to have a single bad meal on this ship. I don't know how they maintain such a wide variety and keep the quality so high. The made to order omelet station is great, and the sushi bar is perfect for a 5pm snack before a late seating dinner at 8:15pm. The staff is truly phenomenal in their attention to detail and getting to know you. They do not let you forget that the goal is that you are on vacation and on the ship to have fun!

Pros: The food!

Cons: The 30 minute line for the Mongolian noodles!

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

I had an interior stateroom - decent decor (pastel pink), with all the amenities. The soap was decent and there is already shower gel and shampoo in the dispenser. However, the shower is a little cramped and it is easy to get the floor wet if you knock the curtain over the floor edge while showering. I preferred to shower at the spa instead.
The ship is very clean and there is not one public area that doesn't look spotless. The decor is a little over the top in some areas, but it is in keeping with the Impressionist/Paris art theme.
I have been a ballet season ticket holder for 7 years and the dancers on this ship are top notch professional dancers! The shows are expertly choreographed and fasntastically costumed. Watching the dancers was a delight! I also liked the live karaoke with the band alternating nights with regular karaoke! And the pool party games were hilarious!!
I loved the food! There was always good food to eat. Tea time is not to be missed! Midnight pizza and the grilled mushrooms, grilled onions and sauerkraut for my midnight hot dog were excellent! Eating later wasn't a problem because if you became hungry at any point, there is always a huge variety food to eat, including sushi, salads, etc. The only problem is eating too much! The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and done medium rare - better than I've had at other restaurants!
The staff was incredible and the waiters kept bringing me more of the foods they saw me enjoying. I got 3 plates of escargot (without asking)! Every menu choice Hugo gave me was superb - he said he had tasted most of the menu and only recommended the best items. He even got me the delicious wild mushroom soup recipe! Whenever he noticed my husband and I tormenting ourselves on which selections to make and share, he would also bring the dishes we didn't order! Our assistant waiter, Jonna, taught me dance moves during the nightly dinner performances where all the waiters perform for the guests! This was so much fun.