Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

1st Time Cruiser Fun

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

The ship was bigger than we ever imagined. There were lots of things going on at all times. You could just lay back and relax near the pools or dress up a bit on elegant days. I liked the casual night dress days. I believe they keep the elegant nights not for the people but for the huge amount of pictures they try to sell you. We had our picture taken at every corner. It got a little out of control.
With all the people we thought it was going to be crowded but when everyone went to different events none of them had long lines so it was pleasant.
Drinks are high in price and a bit inconsistent. A small rum and coke was the same price as a large fancy pina colata. Tips were higher than most would pay. $70 a day for each person. Then they begged for more at the end. I think they should just add the $140 a couple into the original price of the cruise and be upfront with what the total costs will be. I'll be prepared next time.
Gift stores were nice. Should have more choices of larger size men's shirts as I saw lots of large men around who wouldn't be able to fit in one. We followed a Philipino band around everywhere who had a wide selection of songs. I'm now a Philipino band groupy. It was great.

Pros: We loved the bands and poolside and food.. Ate way too much but had a blast.

Cons: We hated the smoke on the 5th floor. All should have to smoke on deck or in VERY SMALL ventilated areas. By the middle of the cruise the 5th floor, where all the excitement is was unbarably smokey . Just not necessary when there are so many open areas where they could be smoking.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!