Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice cruise. Could have been better

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

This vacation had the opportunity to be really nice. Unfortunately, our first day on board left a sour taste. Upon arrival onto the Carnival conquest, we (my wife and I) noticed our dining hours had changed without my approval. I knew from previous cruises that a mistake as such can happen. We were instructed to contact the Maitre D for a possible time change. Upon arrival to the dining area in the afternoon of our boarding the ship, we were met by one of the waitresses of the Renoir room. Prior to our (the waitress and I) conversation, the waitress appeared to be arguing with another family of whom were attempting to change their dining time also. My wife and I could not help but overhear the waitress speaking loudly, proclaiming, "there is nothing I can do, the travel agencies schedule your dining time not really knowing if you can actually have that time! The guest replied by stating, "I had planned this vacation 3 months ago!" The waitress then stated, "I have told you there is nothing that can be done, you can not see the Maitre D. All I can do is write your name down along with this long list of names, you will probably not get it changed! The argument concluded with the newly arrived guest screaming, "this is unacceptable!" It was now my turn to speak with this waitress. She turned to me and said can I help you sir? I stated, "I was given the wrong time for dining, I had requested...what do you want me to do? she interupted. At this point I was completely confused as 30 minutes earlier, my wife and I were feeling quite bubbly about having finally arrived on our long awaited cruise. I tried to stay calm, but the waitress kept going on about, "there is nothing that can be done, you are part of a long list of people, your time will probably not get changed and you can not see the Maitre D because he is busy."After realizing I was not going to get anywhere, I gave up trying to conduct a civilized conversation with the waitress, I smiled and left her presence. I felt the most affective avenue was to tell the Maitre D what happened and write a review to warn other travelers considering traveling on the carnival conquest.

The food was average in the dining room also.

Our best moment was in the Supper Club, unfortunately we had to pay an extra 60 bucks to enjoy a quiet evening. It was well worth it though. I highly recomment the Supper Club.

I must say our housekeeper "Marco" was exceptional, went beyong the call of duty and made our room extremely pleasant!

Pros: Supper Club and our housekeeper, Marco

Cons: Dining room and dining room staff

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.