Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise was just OK

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

This was our second cruise and we were somewhat disappointed. Lots of advertising and trying to sell. Very dissapointed in the jewelry gift shop. The special invite only was a scam. I bought a ring (the only one they had) but later that day after the special invitation they had another one just like it with much better quality. When I wanted to exchange (because the price was the same) they told me I would have to send the one I bought in after the cruise and get a refund and actually buy the better quality one. The manager of the shop was actually quite rude after the purchase. I would not recommend buying anything on board, wait until you get home or at a port.

One night the menu had Filet Mignon as a selection but the steak was absolutely not filet mignon. They had substituted either sirloin or something else and it was extremely tough. Even though we could have ordered something else it was the idea that they tried to pass off something other than what they had on the menu. The four of us were very disappointed with the beef selections in the Main Dining Room.

The staff in the casino need some customer service and communication training. It took forever if you ordered any kind of drink.

Overall our experience was uneventful compared to the our other experience. I do agree that Mark Price was absolutely funny!

Pros: Excursions

Cons: The costumes in the shows. Should have been "R" rated for kids

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.