Carnival Conquest Cruise Review

Our experience on the Conquest was great. Embarkation was fast and easy and well organized. Debarkation could use a little work, but not bad. I cannot rate the kids program as we did not bring any with us, but it sure looked like all the kids on the ship were having a good time. We celebrated our wedding anniversay on board and Carnival decorated our stateroom very nicely. I don't know what they do to the flowers but they lasted the entire cruise. Our stateroom, a category 8 was great! Plenty of room and the balcony, we could go out on and just admire the view. Our room steward, Sigita, was excellent. We would go to breakfast and somehow she knew we were gone and came in and made sure our stateroom was cleaned and made up before we got back. In the evening she would turn our bed down (a different way each evening, with a mint on each pillow). She would also each night create an animal out of towels and place it somewhere in the room. Anything we needed in our room or by us was always taken care of by her.The food on board was outstanding. I think I put on about 10 pounds in 7 days. There was no lack of food, anything and everything you wanted to eat was there, and as much of it as you wanted. The toughest thing to do each day was to decide were, when and what you wanted to eat. And my wife and myself tried it all! We selected the early seating in the Monet dining room for dinner and it was outstanding. Our waiter I Putu, our waitress Angela, and our bar representitive Vladimar were the greatest. After the first night, they all knew what you perferred to drink, what condiments you prefered and even what you liked for dessert.The entertainment was great, there was always something to do. Our first two days were at sea and we never got boared. The Carnival Dancers were excellent and the shows, games and bingo were fun, especially when they take unsuspecting people from the audience and bring them on stage.The port of Montego Bay, Jamaica was very interesting, especially to see the life style these people have chosen to live in. We took the Lethe Village Tour and they took us on a bus up into the mountains to a plantation. There we learned of all the different types of flowers and plants that Jamaica has and their uses, we also learned everything from the Banana Man about bananas. From there we watched a young man climb 100 ft. coconut tree, sampled coconut water from a green coconut, sampled there rum and learned a lot of interesteing facts about Jamaica. We then went into town and that is very interesting, because the people there wait for cruise ships to come in so they can sell their good, so they tend to pressure you to come into their stores and buy their good, so if you don't want to be pressured just tell them (No Thank You Mon) and they will leave you alone. We also went to Margueritaville, where we ate Jerk Burgers and tried Red Stripe Beer (interesting place).Next we went to Grand Cayman, we took the Highlights Tour, this tour seemed very rushed and did not have enough time to really enjoy the tour. However, the tour did go to some interesting places like the turtle farm and also to the town of 'Hell'. In my opinion I could take or leave Grand Cayman.Lastly we went to Cozumel, another interesting place were the people pressure you to come into their shops and buy. We did not take any tours here we just went through all the shops looking for good deals, and had drinks at Fat Tuesdays.Overall this cruise was very good and I feel Carnival really tries to please their passengers.We will do it again!