Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Huge Disappointment!

Sail Date: July 01, 2009

Beautiful Ship. Very clean. Terrible service.

Pros: The excursions

Cons: The on borad service

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.

On our seven day cruise, not once was any member of my family addressed by name. It seemed that we were the only ones having these bad experiences because our friends loved their waiter and their stuart. We had no idea who our stuart was until after the third day and only because my kids approached to ask. Once we learned who our stuart was we addressed him by name. Gary was great though he never called us by name.
The buffet was wonderful. A little bit of everything for even the pickiest eatter. The dinning room staff in the Monnet were aweful to us. We were not addressed by name as we had expected to be. When the waiter saw that my husband's name was Ricardo; he thought it would be appropriate to start trying to speak to him in Spanish, when clearly our primary language is English. We were not offered any bread. When we asked for it, it was a huge chore for the waiter to get us some. When he brought the bread basket, he plopped on our plates what he thought we should have. We ordered water and tea, I told told by the waiter that I could have tea when I finished my water. We had not been offered the wine list; therefore we did not order wine but the same waiter thought it would be appropriate to remove a wine glass from our table to sereve wine to a lady in the table next to us. The list of events goes on and on. I called guest services twice and nothing was addressed!
A lot smaller than I expected but it was cozy.
My eleven year old loved the kids camp and my fourteen year old hated it. Either way we had a day full of events. We tried to make the best out of this very disappointing vacation.
Beautiful Ship. Very clean.
More than enough to do