Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival does not care

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

We have not actually taken the cruise yet. Hurricane Erin is hitting Jamaica in 6 hours and Carnival has decided that we are not going to dock there. That is great but what about the other 2 ports of call the hurricane is suppose to hit within 24 hours. According to Carnival, as of 19 hours prior to departure, we are still going to the other 2 ports of call. How uncaring about the welfare of their passengers could they be? I have been told twice today the ship may wait at sea until the storm passes and then dock at the two ports. They are assuming a port will be left after a category 4 hurricane hits. Just the vacation I was looking for. I have a friend that booked a cruise on a different cruise line. She leaves at the same time that my ship is suppose to leave. Her ship changed their destination yesterday morning and is heading to the Bahamas. Her cruise line gave her enough time to plan activities and notify people of the change. Carnival ??????? STILL Undecided. This will be my 3rd and last time to use Carnival. Food poisoning on one trip, no A/C on one trip, and now this.

Cons: Poor Management

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.