Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A really cool cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

The ship was always very clean, had really neat artwork and had a really fun atmosphere. I recommend booking a cruise longer than 7 days though, because it seemed like the week flew by. Overall, I would definitely recommend it.

Pros: the food

Cons: the fact that the buffets weren't 24 hours.

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

The ship staff was just like any other ship staff you would find. They gave you what you asked, pretty much. The only thing I loved about the staff was in the dining room. They sing and dance every night and are the most friendly people you'll ever meet. They even take the time to remember everyone's names. I really don't know how they do it. I put a few of their names on the comment cards towards the end of the cruise.
Very clean, really cool artwork in the lobby and by the elevators. The elevators are see through, so that was really neat. On the lido deck, you can look down and see the lobby and the HUGE wall of artwork, which I thought was really cool. The only cons to the layout was, I had a hard time finding the internet cafe, but it was easy to find once you found your way around the ship. Also, I never did find the supposable seafood grill that they had.
I went to the dining room every night for dinner, which was great. They have a new menu every night, and I got to try a lot of foods I was looking forward to trying. The only thing I was disappointed in was when we got back from Jamaica, it was around three and we were pretty hungry. We went up to the buffets, but they were closing down. The only thing open was the pizzeria, which we really weren't in the mood for. So your options are limited to room service and pizza in the mid-afternoon. I loved all of the food though. I HIGHLY recommend the turkey wrap in the deli. I had one every single day. I think it was probably the best turkey I' ve ever had.
The stateroom lived up to my expectations. I was really surprised at what I found in the bathroom. They give you a bunch of free samples of numerous products including, razors, olay regenerist, dryer sheets, lotion, shampoo and a lot of other stuff. I thought that was pretty neat. The beds were super comfortable and I slept really good every night. I wanted to take it home with me:)
Let me just put it this way. You'll never get bored on this ship, no matter how old you are. There's so much stuff to do. If adults want to go out to a club, they can just send their kids to the camp carnival. And they have shows every night, whether it's in the big auditorium, or the piano bar. A few shows i recommend seeing (I don't know if they're still playing) are the magic show and the Beatles tribute. Overall, the entertainment was really good.
Camp carnival was really great. The staff keeps the kids entertained the whole time. And every one of them was super nice. If you have kids, I definitely recommend signing them up.