Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Quality is diminishing

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our 3rd cruise and we were really disappointed at how the quality of service, etc. had declined. We had invited some friends along so there were 6 of us total. First, one of our ports of call(Jamaica) was deleted (due to weather) and we were lied to and told we would go to the Bahamas instead. Carnival made a fortune by keeping us "at sea" for 4 straight days. They did give us each $25 credit to our sail and sign card but this was nothing compared what was spent since we were "trapped" on the ship for 4 days. Shows were cancelled due to "a busted water pipe" in the Toulouse lounge (this also happened on our snd cruise). A bingo game was scheduled for 6:30 one evening and we made a special effort to get to the game on time. However, when the hostess came out and found out there were only about 20 people there to play she explained that there had been a mistake and the game would not begin until 6:45. After the room filled with people (in preparation for the performance scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.) they began the game at 6:50. Every time that we have cruised we have had things charged to our bill that were not ours. Service in the Monet dining room was horrible, we ate there 4 nights and never were asked for a drink order nor did we receive anything to drink other than water. We were always on time for dinner but were always rushed out because it was already time for the second seating, that means it took us well over 2 hours to be served our full meal. I had to get online and found the ships internet cafe to be a HUGE ripoff though it was my only option. I'm sure there is more that I could add but this is what came to mind immediately.
After our own experiences and after reading Nancy's comments (on another website---it has been pulled from this site) concerning safety issues I really think this will be our last cruise.
Laura

Pros: The room was nice and the food in the dining room was excellent

Cons: Quality has diminished

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.

Things were kept clean but the ship is not very old and it is really showing wear and tear.
Food in the dining room was delicious, the burgers and hot dogs at the grill were fabulous, but the buffet could use a lot of improvement----way too much of the same sort of thing everyday.
We had a room with a balcony and we had just enough room for 2 adults and a young child.
Everyone was friendly. I think they do a good job but they are all extremely overworked. Each room steward is responsible for W-A-Y too many rooms and the dining staff has too many tables to be able to wait on them efficiently.
Very little entertainment was provided compared to the last cruises I was on.
My child is 7 and he said the activities were "boring". It may have been his age group, since there did seem to be a lot of fun activities for the 9-11 group.