Cruising with Friends

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 22, 2020

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 8306

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was a nice ship, but I think i had slightly higher expectations. The decor was a little dated in my opinion. The ship was clean and well maintained. Weather played a role in limiting some of the on board activities at times, but we found there was still plenty to do. The food was good and we enjoyed everything we ate. We took advantage of the fitness area and spa and were very pleased. The Marketplace buffet on this ship seemed to open in sections throughout the day, which we found a little odd. Serenity area has only hot tubs, no pool. Overall, it is a nice ship and we enjoyed our time on board.

Embarkation

Embarkation was super easy and quick. We arrived at the port and were on board the ship in less than 15 minutes.

Ship experiences

Overall, we had a good experience with food and drink while on board. Everything we ate was fresh and well prepared.

Bonsai Sushi

Enjoyed the food here, but was a little disappointed in the menu. Not as many options as there was on a previous cruise. Still, overall very good.

Cucina Del Capitano

Ate here for lunch. Menu was simple and food was good.

Guy's Burger Joint

Outstanding! Delicious every time we went.

BlueIguana Cantina

Ate breakfast here twice and lunch once. Very good food. We enjoy this venue when on Carnival ships.

There does seem to be a lot to do on the ship, but weather played a role during our cruise. Wind limited activities on the top decks several times during the week and the chilly temperatures along Florida eliminated the pools (for me at least).

We do enjoy the crew on Carnival ships. Everyone we encountered was professional, happy, and doing a great job. We even ran into a crew member from our town!

I wasn't a fan of the decor. To me it was a little dated, which surprised me since the ship's not that old and was updated only a few years ago. It also took me longer than usual to become familiar with the layout.

Our first time staying in an interior cabin. Probably not something we'll do regularly, but it suited our needs.

Ship tip

If you're not a smoker.. be mindful that smoking is allowed in the casino and liquid lounge.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Large port with a lot of ships at any given time. Regarding embarkation/debarkation, we found it to be quick and easy.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Stayed in port. Plenty of shopping and food. Weather wasn't the greatest for us, but I can imagine this place being awesome on a decent day. Good sized pool with a walkup bar, dolphin experience, and great views are a bonus.

Belize City, Belize

Shore excursions to Rendezvous Caye. Small island, but absolutely beautiful. Tour staff did a great job of taking care of guests. Wished we could've spent more time here.

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Very relaxing here. Beach was clean with plenty of seating and shade. There are a few places to eat and a couple of small shops. We were led to believe this port was part of Carnival and is an extension of the ship, but this is not the case. You cannot use your ship card here.

The port area was nice. Plenty of shopping. It was clean and felt safe. We did a Carnival shore excursions that took us downtown and to a beach resort. Beach was rocky, but still very nice.

Disembarkation

Good experience here as well. We relaxed by the coffee shop until our deck was called. I'd say a little over an hour from leaving our room until clearing the terminal.

Traveler Photos