Amber Cove Visit

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 26, 2019

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Overall great cruise with great stops. It was raining so no sail away CD said music would be on all decks instead. It wasn't hype. This was Halloween sailing and it wasn't hype either compared to last year on Vista. Group Happy Hour they stopped serving at 1 min before our hour was up. The server had a full tray of drinks and refused us the drinks. I have never had that done before. This was very shocking. Overall We make the cruise so we had a great time. I expected better from the Breeze with such great reviews.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Fahrenheit 55 Steakhouse very small compared to other ships. We had a large group but dinners came out really slow. There was an issue with billing as our group pre paid. The Manager on duty Dario did a great job contacting me and resolving.

Piano Bar 88

Didn't stay for show but seating was very cozy and comfortable.

Comedy, karaoke and lip sync we really enjoyed. Coco did a good job keeping the crowd hype.

I wish they would go back to just cleaning the cabins randomly when guest or out. The set times don't work well for us as much.

Overall clean. Bedding duster needs to be replaced. There are never enough outlets bring extra. Shower is just to small.

Ship tip

If you plan to dine in steakhouse make reservations early. This is the smallest steakhouse I've ever seen on Carnival Ships.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

We didn't wanna venture off in the DR so rented hillside cabanas with Carnival. Warning lots of steps to climb to reach these. They are close to zipline and sky bar. You get unlimited zip line and water park. Pool was great no beach. We didn't eat decided to eat back on b ship.

Grand Turk Island

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Great Private Tour with Godfrey Tours. We had group pictures at mountain top, stopped for banana Daiquiri's and then to the beach. Our guide was very informative. Lots of hills but he handled them been doing tours since the 60's. We were back with plenty of time to shop.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Loved it here. They will be aggressive when you get off ship with tours taxis we walked. Wish beach was closer. You have to get a private taxi. I felt like I was in San Francisco with the architecture, streets /hills. People were friendly. We had lunch and my daughter got engaged. My ❤️ will always be with PR.

Disembarkation

First time taking our own luggage off. We will do this more often.