Perfect in so many ways!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 26, 2019

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 2333

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Was very memorable time! We would certainly go on the Carnival Breeze again!

Embarkation

Embarkation was short, easy and painless....very nice port also

Ship experiences

Ship experience was wonderful, we had great food, great service, fun times with the showdown in the dining room, stateroom host was very helpful and kept things tidy and loaded, the captain, crew and tour director we had was very nice and informative during our ship tour! Lido food was great, just a little crowded on embarkation day but it smooths out during the cruise, Guys burgers was ohhhh so good!!

Pools were never over crowded, I read alot of complaints on the ship being too crowded and not enough room, we did not experience that, we never felt cramped except for embarkation day in lido was a little crowded but that is to be expected for everyone getting settled and knowing where to go. My only complaint would be I wish they had staff in the Lido that would recommend people to sanitize there hands like most cruise ships do, alot of people were ignoring the sanitizing stations, but that was the only thing negative i could possibly say

we thought the shows were good, the music on the ship was good, the comedy was hilarious!! The piano singer was good and funny

we had no children with us this cruise

Excellent! Hands down! Our wait staff even went out of there way to get my favorite desert on a night when it was not there, we had great service throughout the ship

It was clean and maintained well in our opinions, I seen a lot of staff cleaning throughout the ship, even had our balcony sprayed down

We had a Cove Balcony located on Deck 2 and it was nice, cozy and had adequate storage space, the balcony was nice and quiet, really no complaints

Ports of call

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

This is a beautiful port that Carnival Corp has, wow, I will be back, great place for family, the scenery with its gorgeous lush plants and trees flowers, very clean, people were so very friendly, shopping was nice and not a hassle, great spot if you want some caribbean stone jewelry, The restaurant Coco Cana is amazing!! Food was delicious Dominican cuisine, not too bad priced, good drinks, great view up on the second floor seating, staff was helpful and pleasant, The pool is wonderful, zip lining available I think was $20 and the Cabanas sit in lush greenery and very adorable, just a great port!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

I was somewhat a little disappointed, wasn't exactly what i expected, but I am so blessed that I was able to go, I would go back but would do things a little different, do not want to bash our experience but next time we will do another plan, HOWEVER, St Thomas is very beautiful, was able to see all the tourist points and amazing views , our favorite beach in our opinion out of the 3 we seen ( Magen's Bay, Coki Beach and Sapphire) Magen's is where we will go back. Lots of nice shopping along the ship area and we did eat at a restaurant on the water front and it was really nice and the food was good. It was called The Greenhouse restaurant and Bar.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Old San Juan is amazing!!! We had a great time visiting this old city, so beautiful, people were extra friendly, the fort was amazing, we just walked to where we needed to go there was no need to wait for Trolly if your pressed for time, the local art was amazing and enjoyed talking with some of the local artist, we really can not wait to visit again.

Grand Turk Island

The island is really beautiful, its nice that the beach is right there at the restaurant, the people though i found to be rude and not very kind, the only kind person was our waiter at Margaritaville that was nice, the food was good there, 2 ships there really made it very crowded, we enjoyed walking around and looking at the scenery, the shops were nice but very expensive and again people just were not very friendly, just wasn't our cup of tea BUT everyone has a different experience so please try it! Who knows maybe next time I go it will be a nicer experience.

Disembarkation