Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Breeze Review

Sail Date: October 05, 2014

Overall the cruise was a very enjoyable experience. There were only a few things that I did not like about the cruise. Compared to all my other cruises (even ones where we would have to change ports and such due to hurricanes and terrible weather) this was a very rough ride. We only had a thunderstorm one night and that was while we were in port. The waters didn't look to be rough and there were no tropical storms or anything of the sort that would have caused such a rough ride. Discussion that I heard amongst some passengers was that you just felt more of the movement because the ship is so big. I don't know how accurate that is, but I also know that we were going pretty fast a good bit of the time as well. I never got sick, though did feel a little yucky one of our last days at sea because the movement, but the movement was definitely rougher than I have ever experienced before.

As with all of the other Carnival cruises that I have been on, the staff was great! Everyone was friendly and helpful when needed. However, I did notice that compared to my other cruise experiences the staff was soo busy and they were doing so much there wasn't any of the very personable service that I am used to on Carnival. I saw 2 ladies that were cleaning rooms on our deck one spoke to us a general hello a couple of times, but I never met our stateroom steward, no one ever called us by name, or anything like that. Keep in mind the service and friendliness was still amazing, but I am very used to the crew meeting you and knowing your name and that personable service.

Also, trivia was one of our favorite things to do. I have never been very good at trivia but between me and my sister working together we did pretty well. and Tomo was one of our most favorite crew members that we met! He was very friendly, and ended up with nicknames for most of the people that he came in contact with.

Ocho Rio was not one of my better expereinces. It was dirty, there was a TON of police presense, whidh i didn't originally think much about at first. I asked an officer for directions to a specific shop that was on Carnivals "ok to shop" list and when he directed me down teh street a bit I began to walk and he strongly suggested i take a cab, i declined and he insisted. His words to me were exactly "you want to come back safely, take the taxi". Needless to say I did NOT go to the shop and I immediately returned to the boat.
Miami, Florida
the port itself was nice. the lines for security and such were crazy!! I understand priority boarding for gold cards etc etc HOWEVER they were letting soo many of those priority people into the security line that it blocked other passengers from checking in to get our cards and such the clerks were literally just sitting there becauase we couldn't get to eachother for the crowd of people that were just walking through security.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
did not enjoy this at all. if you pay for an excurision that is the only thing to do here. the vendors hassel you, will literally pull you into shops, and when the police strognly suggest you take a taxi just to down the street a littel ways so you "make it back safe". I don't think i will return to this port.
George Town, Grand Cayman
very nice port the shopping was good, some items seem pretty highly priced but overall it was very nice
Carnival Live Concert didn't go. Honestly I felt like the amount of money that i spent to go on the crusie should have covered the ticket price for the concert. I booked about 8 months in advance and paid way to much for teh cruise, I will not book that far in advance again, and I will book on my own without the assistance of a travel advisor/travel agent. Direct to Carnival is how I will book from now on, those fees and the cost were substantially different, and I feel like i very much overpaid for the interior room that I had.
Loved the shopping in port! The Dufree shops had amazing prices and samples of so many liquors, even some of their souvinere items were cheaper there than with some of the other vendors.

The pools and water slides are best enjoyed on port days when most people are out and about. Also Mongolian Wok is amazing, but its best to try them as soon as they open for the day or while you are in port. It takes a little while to cook the food for you, so the wait can be pretty long.