Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Ship, Terrible Customer Service!

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The Breeze is a newer ship and in wonderful condition. Her physical appearance and sheer size are amazing! However, a number of minor occurrences took place during our cruise that left us with a negative impression. As a result, we will most likely pursue one of the other cruise lines when preparing for our next vacation. The issues had to deal with bar & beverage service and two instances of food poisoning.

Pros: Kid's Camp Carnival

Cons: Customer Service

Recommends Carnival Breeze? No.

Brand new ship with great stuff on board to do!
My eight year-old boy became very ill to the point of vomiting from the "melted chocolate lava cake" and the under-cooked eggs at one breakfast that was served in the Sapphire Dining Room. I informed the head steward about the lava cake being undercooked and containing raw eggs. I told him that my son had vomited right there in the dining room for all to see. He informed me that the cake was not a souffl' and that it contained "no eggs" in the ingredients. I asked him "how the baked crust on top of the cake could be achieved without there being eggs in the ingredients?" Nothing at all was done for compensation except the fact that he asked if any medical attention was required, if so go to deck zero.
A Margarita was purchased for me by a travelling companion on the Lido deck. I returned to the bar to ask for a little more tequila to be added to the drink since it was very watered-down in my opinion. Two different bar tenders (from Peru and Romania) refused to assist me without first charging for additional alcohol. I left the drink (minus a few sips) right there on the bar and walked away without any refund being issued. I informed my travelling companions (five total) of what happened and we never ordered alcohol again on the cruise. Shouldn't the goal of good customer service be to insure that a guest's satisfaction is met or else give them their money back?