Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

crusin fool

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

Just came back from a six day cruise on the Carnival Breeze. We have sailed on many Carnival ships. The trip overall went well. We had a sick person on board that had to go on land. The cruise line decided to take him to the port we were supposed to go to last since it was close. Our entire intinerary got turned around, however, I was impressed how quickly the shore excursions were changed to the new ports. It wasn't always convienient but they did what they could to satisfy everyone. Overall it was a good experience. The ship is nice a new but lacks imagination in it's decor. I could tell that "saving money" was a factor when decisions were made, how the ship should be equipped. The mattresses were much harder and the pillows were not feather but polyester. They changed one of the features that kept me coming back. I am a finicky sleeper but I have always slept good in Carnival bed. Not this time! I was very disappointed to say the least. The Food was great. All personell on and off the ship were very profesionel. Grand Turk Island is very nice and clean. You get a free chair on the beach. I think the beach is equipped by the cruise line. Overall it was a good experience.

Pros: The Breeze is a nice, new, big ship. The food and service is terrific!

Cons: The bedding is not what it used to be. The pillows aren't feather pillows anymore. The new polyester stuffed ones are very uncompftable. The decoration on the ship lacks imagination compared to some older ships. The slots in the casino pay less than ever.

Recommends Carnival Breeze? Yes!