A very sad experience

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Caribbean Princess

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 19, 2017

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: B335

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

We boarded your cruise hoping for a experience of a lifetime.  We had come on board with two other couples of which we had spent 3 nights in Miami with prior to celebrate a girlfriends 50th birthday.

First night in by 4am I had a tummy bug (no one else in the group had this so I put it down to food poisoning) so first day at sea was spent in my cabin recovering. That night my partner goes down with a virus (again no one else in the group got sick) so to the medical centre the next day and a very expensive medical bill later we are put into quarantine due to my condition still not improved and my partner being diagnosed with Influenza A.  Fortunately a doctors stamp meant we could cancel our excursions as it ended out we lost all opportunity from going on any of these.  We finally had the quarantine lifted on the day we arrived in cozumel but my partner was still not feeling well enough to disembark!  Our last day was at sea so it was spent quietly as my partners stomach was not doing well from taking the Tamiflu.  So overall a dreadful experience.  Now we get that these things happen but is still hard to fathom how we both got so ill when we are both are very fit and healthy people and our friends did not fall sick (so we cant have caught anything prior).  But to add salt to the wound we left a brand new watch in our safe in our room, it was my partners birthday present, we notified your american office as soon as we were back in New Zealand as we aware the boat was docked for upgrade and thought it could be actioned immediately....but no it was referred to the Australia branch and we are still waiting (14 days) later to have any response to our inquiry.  This I do find totally unacceptable.

On a positive note I do want to say the staff you had on the Cruise were impeccable and they certainly deserve there gratuity!  They certainly made things easier for us under the circumstances so a big thank you to them.

Ship experiences

Sadly didnt get much of a chance to enjoy, though what we did have was lovely.

Though we didnt get much of a chance to see these it appeared to be aimed at an older age group.

Gemma our lovely room attendant was caring and thoughtful throughout our experience.

The cabin was both clean and well presented.

Ship tip

Check what age the cruise caters for.