Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Do not Cruise with Princess

Sail Date: July 19, 2014

Room Type: Suite

We planned this cruise for 25 of our closest friends and family. We were extremely disappointed based on other reviews we had read online. As with any other cruise line, most employees/stewards, do not speak fluent English. 90% of the employees on this ship could not even speak broken English. There were many times on the ship that food orders were wrong, drinks were wrong, etc. This was the least of our problems. We were in a Suite and saw our steward maybe 3 times? The food on the cruise ship was not great...not even really good. One of the worst things about this ship was continuous solicitation. 2 nights at dinner they asked if we wanted shots in a special shot glass. Why would I want a shot at dinner? If I want a shot I will go to the bar. All stewards receive 15% on every drink purchase. Apparently they think common courtesy can be left out because they already know they are receiving a tip. They didn't smile, didn't know how to make anything other than exactly what is on the menu, and didn't go out of their way to try to make something we requested. Commodes in multiple cabins would not flush. One cabin on a lower deck would flush randomly throughout the day and night.

I paid a visit to the spa one evening for a scalp massage. Massage time was 25 minutes, I received a 20 minute massage, then listened to the masseuse tell me how damaged my hair was, and how I needed to purchase the product they sold on the ship. She also let me know the grocery store shampoo I was using was damaging my hair. For the record, I do not purchase shampoo at the grocery store, and didn’t really enjoy being told this the night before my WEDDING.

One night we walked the entire ship looking for a place open after 11. Everything closes down at 11, except the pizza place. I would prefer a drink or glass of wine at 11pm, not pizza.

We overheard others on the cruise saying Princess used to be a great line, but has totally changed, and they will never cruise with them again. Neither will we.

Do not cruise with Princess.