Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

I was the victim of the lies and deceit of Emerald Princess

Sail Date: December 17, 2012

On a dive on Bonaire, excursions assured me the dive shop would have fin socks. It didn't. Consequently, the skin on the tops of my toes on both feet was literally rubbed off and bleeding, crippling me for the remainder of the cruise.

On Granada, the excursion was number GND335A. Excursions promised us a tour guide and air conditioned vans. We got neither.

I went to excursions 4 times (as did my wife) to deal with the perfidy of the excursions dept. and request to speak to the manager, Roxanne Calderone. She refused to speak to us. Finally, after several days and the night before disembarking, I insisted on speaking to her. When I did, she promised me a 50% credit on my Bonaire dive and a 30% credit on Granada. She also told me she had sent a letter to my cabin confirming this. We never received any letters. Then, after leaving the ship (our account was automatically closed) we discovered only a 20% discount. The point is I was lied to about the letter and about the amount of the credit.

I showed Roxanne pictures of my toes which made her cringe. Yet, she only supposedly allowed a 50% credit, even after I was told that the dive shop would furnish fin socks and didn't. Other than the cringing, she displayed little sympathy.

I found the excursion staff to be very rude and difficult to work with. They were never helpful.

A bright spot, Roman, the manager of the Speakeasy was very nice as was our head waiters, Luis and Ciprian, and Jean Paul, the head maitre de. Our waiters, Michael and Jonah were also great.

As a result of my experience with shore excursions, I will probably never cruise with Princess again. I hate being lied to. I hate a company who will keep the likes of Roxanne and Anthony on staff.

David Drake