Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

First time Cruising

Sail Date: March 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

My husband and I went on our first cruise in March 2009. Being first time cruiser, we did not know what to expect; however, to our surprise this cruise exceeded our expectation. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised. I packed medications for nausea, and sea- sickness, although we did not need to use any during the 7-day cruise. The ship had so many activities; it was hard to get everything in. We selected to get a mini-suite, I recommend this size for first timers, and it was more then enough room. The ship is very large, however we never felt crowed, or just another number, the crew was very attentive, and always nice no matter what time of day or night. We chose anytime dinner, which worked best since we did not know what to expect. On two nights we sat with other couples all were nice. Most time we were very tired after our all day excursions and needed to take an early evening nap, so flexible dinner was best. I did notice with the flexible dinning you tend to wait in lines for dinner. This was the only place on the ship that you had to wait in lines. The optional additional cost dinning is worth every penny, and I recommend you eat at all the specialty restaurants. It really is the best money spent on the ship.

Pros: Very large, with many acitivites

Cons: Food bland always cool to warm, never hot

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!