Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

It was fair, but won't go Princess again

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

This was my 5th cruise, others being on Royal and Carnival. I expected this to be a few notches higher in quality, service, etc., seeing as the price was a few notches higher and Princess has the reputation of being a little more up-scale. My first and biggest disappointment was no Corona beer. Not a big deal if you don't drink Corona, but that is my drink of choice but they didn't offer it. Other cruise lines do. Second, the food was very mediocre compared to Royal and Carnival...this was very disappointing and I figured it would be much better. I came away from dinner every evening very underwhelmed saying I could have cooked that better. On many occasions the drink staff at dinner was slow on the first order and I could not get them to come around for a 2nd round. One time I did get a 2nd order in, my glass of wine came as I was finishing dessert. The freestyle dining wasn't all that great either. Seemed like everytime we got sat next to the waiters station or the bus station and you can imagine the noise and the traffic. The specialty steak house was a huge disappointment...the steak was dry and like shoe-leather, and you had to pay extra to dine there. The overall atmosphere on the ship was very dull and boring, unlike Carnival that has a more party-like atmosphere that is fun.

On the good side, the ship is huge, beautiful, and clean. I had a veranda room and just loved sitting out there anytime I was in the room. I actually spent more time in the room than on any previous cruise because of it... just bring the drinks back and enjoy the private balcony.

Overall, I was disappointed for the cost, and won't cruise Princess again. Just because they have a big fancy boat, doesn't mean it will all be good.

Pros: Beautiful, clean ship, loved the veranda stateroom

Cons: No Corona beer, food was mediocre at best

Recommends Caribbean Princess? No.