Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

It was our best cruise ever. We enjoyed the anytime dining and did get to know the wait staff because we always requested a particular area and got there early enough to get it. The entertainment was the absolute best! We laughed so hard at the comedians that we had to wipe our eyes. The Crooners Bar had the very best entertainment, Bert Stratton. He is such a phenomenal entertainer that we just booked the identical cruise after emailing Bert to make sure he was going to be on it. I know we're not the only people to book this cruise specifically because of Bert. The food was great also. I could have steak every night if I wanted to. The food was much better than the food on the Norweigian Sun which had been our previous cruise. The breakfast and lunch buffets were great in the Horizon Court. Ice cream was provided every afternoon for a couple of hours (too delicious to resist). Shopping was so easy because the shops were right by the pier, so you didn't have to take a cab into the town to get some wonderful deals (St. Martins & St. Thomas). Our only disappointment was the water temperature at Princess Cays. We had reserved some glass bottom rafts and could not use them because the water was so cold. We went in March, 2006, and I don't know if the timing had anything to do with the water temperature. I did a little shopping from the locals and we headed back to the ship. Of course, that was not enough for me to lower the 6 smile rating that I gave this ship!!

Pros: Crooner's Lounge entertainer, Bert Stratton, excellent food, phenomenal entertainment

Cons: Princess Cays ocean water was too cold to go in. Had to wait 45 minutes to get on shuttle bus from the airport to the ship.

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!