Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

both great and disappointing

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

This was our sixth cruise, our first with Princess. The layout of the ship is fabulous...while it holds over 3000 passengers, we never felt crowded. Our stateroom was the last on the riviera deck, so we had the terrace pool, Outrigger Bar and buffet within quick reach. Our cabin steward was the best we had ever had, a true delight. There were however, a couple of huge negatives on this trip. The food was mediocre at best. We have found much, much better cuisine on Carnival, which really surprised me. Also, due to the fact you are at a different table each night, the wait staff is rather aloof and the service in the dining room can be sub-par. I had booked directly with Princess, and had overpaid one cabin and was told the $189 would be credited onboard, and was promised $75 onboard credits on each of the two cabins I had booked. Once on the ship, those credits disappeared. After several visits to the pursers desk and $20 worth of internet work, I never got my credits, even though i had paper work showing they existed. Not only was I denied what I had been promised, no one seemed to care that there was a problem. The frustration of dealing with this really put a damper on the week.
Overall, we did have a great time, but I will probably not sail with Princess again. Both Carnival and Royal Caribbean do a much better job overall.

Pros: cabin location, anytime dining

Cons: quality of food