Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

This was not anESCAPE COMPLETELY exper

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

We went for a swim without going swimming. We went to the pool and I tried to find someone (I asked 9 ship staff where I could get a towel and the answer I got was ask someone else. We ended up not swimming and I wasted over 30 minutes looking for someone to help me get a towel.

Each time we went to the buffet, we had to walk through the weather and of course if you made a wrong turn which we usually did, we would have to go out in the weather again. The directions to the buffet were not clearly marked.

We tried to go for a walk around the entire ship and low and behold, we had to walk up and down a long flight of stairs. The ship was too chopped up for an Escape Completely time.

Pros: The excursions in Rhode Island, Boston, Bar Harbor, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia were worth the money. I enjoyed Boston and Nova Scotia the best.

Cons: This was not anESCAPE COMPLETELY experience. I do not recommend this cruise ship to anyone.

Recommends Caribbean Princess? No.

The ship is too big and too chopped up to get around comfortably. People that have a hard time walking will not like this ship. This was not an ESCAPE COMPLETELY experience. I do not recommend this cruise ship to anyone.
The food on the ship was much to be desired. I had terrible stomach pains the whole time I was on the ship because of the food. We even tried the specialty restaurant and the steak was tough. Also the wait staff was rude and would put their eyes to the ground so they did not have to help you. We even went to the buffet and the wait staff would make you ask to clear a table when people left it. One guy actually swept the remnants onto the chair I was going to sit in and acted like oh did the stuff go on your chair. This is not an Escape Completely experience at all.
The mini suite was okay. The Stewart would not leave our garbage can where we put it. Every time he would clean, he would move the garbage can. It was very annoying.
A package was purchased months prior to the cruise and the credit card was already paid. When the person took the order she was in too big of a hurry to listen to my request. The package included a bottle of Champagne in the cabin on the first day and a portrait/frame and champagne breakfast in bed on the date of your choice. Because the order taker did not know what the package was, I did not get the champagne when we boarded the ship and I had to make 4 calls to the service desk and I finally (after two days) went to the service desk and had to get rude because no one wanted to help. After getting rude, we were told that it was not in their computer. I asked for a Manager and he finally found?? the order. I feel that I should not have had to get rude to get an answer from the staff. The slogan is Escape Completely. I feel that I could not Escape Completely because the staff would not take responsibility to find out what the problem was and to correct it.
The comedian was put into a little lounge and there was no place to sit.