Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Much Better Than Expected Cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

This was my first cruise and I wasn't sure I would like cruising. I've been to many, many destinations so found the excursions to be OK but found I liked the days at sea best. Always lots to do and see. My only complaint was that it was difficult to find lounge chairs. I believe that should be 'policed' a little better. Saw towels on chairs for hours with nobody there. Cabin was quite comfortable but glad I brought an extension cord because there was only one outlet outside the bathroom. I'm taking my two nieces on the Golden Princess down the Mexican Riviera in September.

Pros: A beautiful ship with good food and entertainment

Cons: Having a necklace disappear from the room safe and no one at Princess Lines caring

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!

I found the ship to be lovely and clean. The fact that not all elevators went to all decks was a little confusing. Better signage would help. Loved the library!
I found the food to be quite good. Had Personal Choice dining and usually picked the Horizon Court but also had good experiences in the dining room. Very good servers. Got tired of being pushed to buy a coke card the first two days. Settled down after that.
Stateroom was compact and comfortable. Only complaint as mentioned abouve was only one outlet outside of bathroom.
Staff was excellent but excursion desk could have been manned for longer hours than it was. I do believe, however, that a member of the staff had access to the room safe. My necklace disappeared the last night but I didn't miss it until I got home. Immediately contacted Princess but was told it hadn't been turned in. Attitude was one of not caring. Filed official ship report but never heard anything. Will take no jewelry, except costume on next cruise
Our snorkling excursion to St. John was canceled by rough seas and rain. The St. Thomas tour excursion they offered as a substitute was of poor quality and quite boring.