Nice Ship! Poor Food & Entertainment!!

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: October 01, 2006
We were impressed with the ship itself having 5 pools, numerous hot tubs, the movies under the stars and numerous lounges always available. I would have to say one of the most smooth sailing ships I have ever been on. I would have to say the best meal we had was at the steak house however they charge $15 a person for this. Our room was cleaned 5 times a day..as soon a person would use a towel a new one would appear ...just wish the food and entertainment matched this...

The quality and selection of the food needs improvement. We had eaten at one of the dining rooms ordering steak and having it be raw hide and cold..the soups were all things I had never heard of before..the buffets were dedicated to one ethnic theme per night (ex oriental)if you didn't like any of this your resort was hard rolls and desert..they need more of a variety..the breakfist buffet was good but always the same daily..we survived a lot on the pizza shop and hotdog and hamburger joint they had on deck..the soda cups worked well if you were at a bar to get yourself but at buffets it felt like we were constantly begging for soda...

I have to give them credit the 2 commedians we seen were great the rest of the shows left a lot to desire..one night they had international where they had 4-5 of their staff get on stage for a show..feeling like they ran out of things for us and this was the 5th night out of 7

The only person we felt that went above and beyond was our stateroom attendent "Lido" the rest I felt did nothing out of the ordinary

The ship itself was wonderfull..very clean

Our stateroom was nice however when we booked for 3 people they never informed us that one of the adults (meaning me) would have to sleep in a bunk bed!! Very clean however

Pros: The Ship

Cons: Food & Entertainment