Great Time Away

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Contributor Level: Third Mate

9 Night Canada & New England (Boston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 18, 2015
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas

After traveling for 3 days, then touring Boston one day, my husband, myself, and another couple boarded Brilliance of the Seas for our cruise. The registration was somewhat delayed due to several inspections the ship had to meet before passengers could embark, and stewards worked tirelessly to ready the state rooms. We found the time aboard very relaxing and pleasant. We took an excursion at each port except Rockland. I'm so glad we did because I was having leg problems and would never have been able to walk enough to see as much as we did. The weather was nice every day, making it extremely pleasurable for the entire trip. The crew was exceptional, to say the least! We enjoyed each and every one of them that we encountered, and they made us feel so welcome and special. Clo is an excellent activities director, and we enjoyed her humor and enthusiasm. I would highly recommend this cruise.

The cabin was kept very clean except for the carpet. There was dust and hair clinging to our socks and pant legs that had to be brushed off. I think it just missed getting vacuumed during the initial embarkation that was so rushed due to the inspections. The steward provided ice each day for us upon an initial request to use it for my leg. He also made some very interesting towel creatures.
Don't try to drive in Boston....it's too crowded.
Watch closely and you might see George or Barbara Bush.
"An Intimate Look At Acadia National Park" is a great excursion with only 14 persons in a minibus.
Peggy's Cove is a must-see. The Titanic cemetery is also interesting.
Be sure to visit House of Green Gables.
"Spirit of the Fiddle-Sounds of Cape Breton" was a wonderful intimate performance of Celtic music.