Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good Food, Good company

Sail Date: March 01, 2014

At the beginning\, the staterooms were not available at the time they were scheduled to be ready and the cleaners were snarky when we dropped off our luggage. Not a great first impression. The Room Service was very hit-or-miss. We didn't even get service one time after being told it was on it's way 45 minutes after the time we ordered it\, then when we ordered it again\, was there 10 minutes earlier than we requested. We had to go on a hunt for limes- Mojitos are my fave drink and they're just not the same without the lime. These are really minor complaints though\, truly a wonderful time.

Pros: Dining choices

Cons: Feeling like a herd of cattle at the beginning and end/ room service

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? Yes!

Several public bathrooms were less than tidy but there was always someone cleaning out on the decks. The ship isn't huge\, which I found to be a plus. Friendly for smokers and non smokers alike.
Buffet choices were excellent. Felt a lot of pressure from the additional fee restaraunts to try them. Ate in the formal dining room once- wish I had done it earlier in the cruise\, felt like royalty. Dining times were confusing.
The room itself was sizable\, had a great view from our balcony. The television didn't work after we left Cozumel\, which wouldn't have been a big deal for me\, but my BF was annoyed he was missing March Madness...
Many of the staff were amazingly warm and friendly. All of the bartenders were great. Some of the cleaning staff were less than friendly- especially at the beginning\, snapped at us for dropping off our luggage in our room 5 minutes after we were supposed to be 'allowed' into our room. Also at the end- they seemed annoyed that I was looking for coffee at 8 am on the day we arrived in Tampa.
They didn't do a great job advertising some of the activities. I found out on the second to last day about a yoga class I would have loved to attend\, and they also had cup cake decorating and towel folding classes that were not well communicated\, largely in part to the televisions being 'down' after we left the port.