Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nothing special

Sail Date: November 01, 2014

The Brilliance of the Seas had all the usual cruise ship amenities: bars\, theaters\, pools\, spas\, restaurants etc. However I was very disappointed that many of the bars were not opened. Many times we would try to escape the crowds only to find many of the lounges had unmanned bars. In addition\, on cruise ships there are usually servers walking around the ship taking drink orders\, this ship did not have that luxury. Many times I found myself wandering around looking for an open bar and then waiting for a bartender to get around to taking my order. Finally\, this particular cruise had an abundance of children. Unfortunately the ship did not have the facilities to support that many kids and as a result there were children running around everywhere. The small childrens pool was usually empty\, and the main pool was filled with splashing screaming kids. Not my idea of a vacation.

Pros: Excursion in Cozumel

Cons: Service on the ship\, the amount of unsupervised children

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? No.

We had the pleasure of being seated next to \"kids table\". Yes believe it\, the parents sat at one table and threw their kids at a different table across the aisle. They were yelling\, throwing food\, flipping chairs and acting in all the ways unsupervised children will act. The tables around them were stuck listening to and dealing with the unruly children while their parents enjoyed a relaxing dinner. Unfortunately the staff on the ship did nothing about this matter and the same ordeal happened every night.
The food was delicious\, but I found they only served sample sized plates. You could order as many plates as you wanted\, but who wants to do that. If I order a pasta dish I expect more than three raviolis.
We had a balcony room that was clean and tidy. Our attendant was always around and ready to help with anything. He was amazing.
There were no staff members walking around to take drink orders at the pool deck or casino. If wanted a drink you had to go to the bar. Our dinner servers were only super friendly the last night when tips were being paid out. Our stateroom attendant was the best\, he would go out of the way to help.
There were screaming\, unsupervised children running all over the ship. They were playing on the stairs\, fooling around at dinner and splashing sun bathers on the pool deck.