Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Very good cruise

Sail Date: June 24, 2011

It was a smaller ship, but we liked that. Easy to get around, find what you need.

Pros: organization, Royal Caribbean knows how to get it done

Cons: using the ship's computers, bad experience with passwords being stolen, won't make this mistake again. Royal Caribbean can and should monitor this more closely.

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? No.

Good, not great. Too many overly-complicated meals I think. Kepp it simple!
Our stateroom was fine. I really, really wish the cruiselines would do something about smoking though. We are smokers, but the last thing we want to do is offend anybody. Why not ask up front and put the smokers near one another?
Not really sure, we never got much information about entertainment, so we only went once.
stateroom attendant was great, so were the meal servers.
Naples, Italy
Good tour, Pompeii was interesting.
Don't Miss: For us, Pompeii.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
We visited the Vatican Museum. If I could do it again I'd spend more money and get a tour to all the locations. Rome was not as hot and crowded as I expected. It was easy to find shade and get a gelato.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Pisa was great, Florence, not so much. Not really a lot to see.
Don't Miss: The Leaning Tower
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Excellent tour guide, a much more interesting stop then either of us expected. Very nice atmosphere.
Don't Miss: The Virgin Mary house. Very peaceful and pretty.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
There had been a lot of unrest in Athens, but you'd never know it when we visited. My only tip is: go as early as you can. It's very crowded
Don't Miss: The Acropolis
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Pretty, but not much to see.
Santorini, Greece
Get up early and watch the ship dock in a caldera. Very pretty, worth the effort to get into the port.